In 1898, the first modernisations were carried out. For example, the open cooker was removed from the innkeeper’s kitchen, and the first economy cooker was installed. A storey was built on top of the building, thus providing space for many new rooms. A car garage and a hall for larger events were also built. In 1920, the hotel finally acquired space and water power for a saw and built an electrical plant to supply the property. A sawmill was attached to the guest house. However, this was destroyed in a major fire in August 2011.
In 1961, Siegfried Kaltenhauser senior took over the inn from his uncle Vitus Kaltenhauser. More rooms were added and holiday flats and an indoor swimming pool and sauna were built.
In 1983, the parents handed over the business to their son Siegfried junior and daughter-in-law Rudolfa. Since autumn 2010, the next generation has been running the hotel. Daughter Eva-Maria and son-in-law Thomas have continued where their parents left off…
Just like Rudolfa and Siegfried, Eva-Maria and Thomas also want the hotel to be a place of atmosphere, liveliness, and cordiality. Here at the Kaltenhauser recreation hotel, every guest should feel at home, say goodbye with a heavy heart, and return with pleasure.
Many guests become regulars and thus real friends of the hotel. They enjoy spending the most precious time of the year – the holiday season – with us at the Kaltenhauser recreation hotel.